Moving is stressful occurrence, but choosing the right moving company can help ease the worry. A moving company will make the process easier on you and your family. Finding a moving company that you can trust is essential. Follow the below tips when choosing your moving company to make sure you find the one that fits your needs:
- Make sure you feel absolutely comfortable with whatever moving company you end up using. This is the most important tip!
- Look around a few different places for moving companies. Ask friends, ask storage facilities, google the area, and check Angie’s List. In Salisbury, MD we recommend Bates Moving.
- Did the mover make you aware of the moving insurance for your goods?
- Get a written copy of inventory on moving day from the movers.
- When your belongings arrive at your new home, immediately check for any damages/missing items.
- Some moving companies will charge for using their boxes/supplies-make sure there are no hidden charges that you didn’t want.
Packing your belongings is always part of the process when moving. The last thing you want to happen when you arrive at your new location is to have broken or damaged belongings. Below are moving tips to make sure your belongings arrive safely at their new home and to make the process easier:
- Along with labeling boxes, it can help to add what room they belong in.
- Disassemble larger furniture if possible. This will help to save space in the moving trucks, allowing you to fit more of your belongings in a smaller area.
- Make a moving list. Although you may think you can keep track of everything, a list will help make sure nothing is forgotten and everything ends up where it belongs.